What is AutoErase?
AutoErase is a utility that can routinely delete file types such as .bak,.bk1,.dmp etc. in an automated way. With AutoErase you can search all mapped drives and folders for specified file types and safely delete them with many options. For example, you may only want to delete *.bak files that are older than 2-days and retain newer .bak files. Perhaps you would also like to confirm the files before you erase them including the option to remove some of the files from the erase list. Maybe you would like to have a log of files deleted for record keeping. How about the ability to run AutoSchedule at any time of the day or night and reoccur every specified days? On top of that, you may want an AutoEmail sent to you at home that notifies you when the task is complete. (So you can sleep well at night). AutoErase can do all these things so you don't have to!
“The Network Vacuum Cleaner for Temporary Files.”
Many programs such as AutoCAD create backup (.bak) files and other file types that may require you to periodically clean from time to time. If the original file (e.g. DWG) become corrupt or damaged for any reason, the backup file can be used as a replacement. However, these backup and other temporary files create additional disk space overhead and can be safely deleted periodically. Often a backup file may exist even when the original file has been deleted, renamed or a result of a Save as... command. Those of you who are responsible for the periodic cleaning of the network file system, know that this can be a tedious and timely process...until now.
AutoErase is a safe file deletion program that can:
- Automatically search and delete file types as specified.
- Erase files older than user specified days, and bypass newer files.
- Confirm files before erasure with the option to remove files from the erase list.
- Erase multiple file types at once. (i.e. *.bak;*.bk1;*.tmp)
- Start from the top level folders and search through all sub folders.
- Record a log file of files deleted.
- Provide email notification when the AutoErase function is complete.
- Run AutoSchedule to perform at any time and reoccur every 1 or more days.
- AutoErase is a time saving utility that automates network file and disk maintenance.